Snakehead Fishing @ Sepayang Dam
Located in Endau, Sepayang Dam is an area for anglers to escape civilization and experience true natural beauty with absolute absence of any man-made noise. This heavily covered terrain Dam is filled with Giant Snakeheads which has a reputation for extreme aggression when attacking its prey. There is nothing more exciting for an angler than seeing these creature’s legendary strikes on topwater surface lures. Once you are hooked on to one, you’ll be hooked for life!
Other native species in Dam are Common Snakehead and Asian Arowana which are considered as bonus catch while targeting the Giants. If you are a lure casting enthusiast who enjoys watching topwater surface action or experiencing hard takes from crankbaits, Sepayang is an area you must visit!
To provide comfort and safety for all anglers on board with us, guests will be spilt into groups of 2 per boat. Each group will be fishing with an experienced skipper on a 16-footer fiberglass boat equipped with 15HP engines to maneuver in small coves.
Fishing does not mark the end of your DMC journey with us! After a day of fishing, it is time to reward yourself with good food. Our guides are well-knowledge on some of the best restaurants in Endau to suit your taste buds. Other activities such as massage can also be arranged upon request.
Come on board with us now as we take care of all your fishing needs!
Fishing in Sepayang is available all year round. However, the breeding season for Giant Snakeheads are between October to March as the rain triggers the Snakehead into spawning.
Recommended Rod Ratings: PE1-3
Recommended Reel Sizes: 2500 - 4000 (Spinning), 100 – 300 (Bait cast)
Recommended Line Rating: 20 to 50lbs Braided line
Recommended Leader Line: 50 - 80lbs
Recommended Lures: Topwater Pencil (90mm – 130mm), Weed-less Frogs (70 - 100mm), Crankbaits (90mm), Minnows (90 - 120mm)
· 16ft boat for fishing to a group
· Accommodation/ Homestay (Twin Room sharing basis)
· 2-Way Transportation from Singapore or Senai, Kuala Lumpur Airport
· Lunch meal onboard
· Mineral water
· Fishing Equipment available on rental basis
*Strictly 2 anglers to a boat for safety reasons
*Tackle rental is available @ 60SGD/day for 1 set of Rod, Reel and Line only
Flight/Trip Transfer Details
Guests will arrive at Changi International Airport or Kuala Lumpur Airport at their own cost one night before the fishing date and travel back to the airport on the following day after fishing.
Two-way transport from Changi International Airport to Endau, Sepayang is inclusive in the packages.
Should guest who wish to opt for additional pick up location, an advance notification will be required (additional cost applies). Only 1 pick-up/drop off timing will be scheduled per group. Should guest arrive at different timing, transport will only be arranged based on the latest arrival time of the guests.
Accommodation is a newly furbish homestay located just 15 mins drive away from the launching point. Convenience store to purchase your necessity are readily available 5 mins away. Local hotel is also available should you wish us to arrange for you and additional costs difference will be borne by guests.
Food & Drinks
All Western, Chinese and Malay food are readily available including beer (Whiskey and Red Wine only available upon request)
Other Terms & Conditions:
· A 50% deposit fee is required to secure your booking. Dates/ trip will be booked and blocked once deposit is received.
· The remaining balance of 50% payment and any other miscellaneous cost must be paid 30 days prior to departure date.
· It is compulsory for all guests to purchase their own travel insurance during the entire fishing period with DMC Fishing.
· DMC Fishing can assist guests with the purchase of travel insurance upon request. Cost will be billed together with their final payment.
· It is DMC Fishing company policy requirement that guests who make their own travel insurance coverage must submit a proof of coverage to DMC Fishing at least 1 week prior to departure date, with the policy covering the entire period. Otherwise, DMC Fishing reserves the right to invalidate the entire booking and any prior payments will be forfeited without replacement.
· All guests will be required to complete and agree to the DMC Fishing standard terms & conditions at the time of booking.
· All guests are responsible for their own personal valuables and belongings throughout the trip. DMC Fishing will not be responsible for any loss or damages as a result.
· There will be strictly no refund for any deposits/payment in any case of a cancellation or no-show.
· DMC Fishing reserves the right to change any of the terms and condition above without prior notice.