Kuala Rompin, is one of Asia’s top location for sport fishing anglers to target the Pacific Sailfish which are notoriously known for their speed and acrobatic performance. Rated as one of the top sportfishing species to target, anglers from all around the world travel to Kuala Rompin during its migration period just to cure their ‘’Sailfish Itch’’. To ensure there is no extinction of such fish species, all Sailfish must be strictly catch and release.
The next targeted species in Kuala Rompin is the Spanish Mackerel which are known for their incredibly hard takes and the ability to cut off your leader line if you are not fast enough. They can be extremely fun and exciting to catch on lure which makes it an ideal target for all lure casting enthusiast to catch. Other species such as Snapper, Grouper, Queen Fish, Cobia, Mahi Mahi, and other Trevally species are available here in Kuala Rompin all year round and are very popular among jigging enthusiast. Jigging in the right currents in Kuala Rompin will keep you busy throughout the day as you will get hits after hits.
To provide comfort for all anglers on board with us, ‘’Isabella’’ is a customized, newly built 40-footer sport fisher which is well equipped with GPS, Fish Finder and twin 250HP outboard engines to ensure safety and reaching fishing spots fast. Its design is catered for jigging and casting enthusiasts as it features a full walkabout area with spacey casting deck. Licensed for 12 Pax capacity, ‘’Isabella’’ takes up to 6 anglers comfortably anytime.
Your journey onboard ‘’Isabella’’ will be headed by Captain Mie who has years of experience operating in Rompin waters. Being a full-time captain of Kuala Rompin, he specializes in all types of fishing which includes, slow and vertical jigging, lure casting, popping, trolling and bottom fishing. A professional DMC fishing guide will also be onboard to provide you with one of the best fishing experiences!
Fishing does not mark the end of your DMC journey in Kuala Rompin! After a day of fishing, it is time to reward yourself with good food. DMC works with some of the best restaurants in Kuala Rompin to suit your taste buds. Other activities such as massage can also be arranged upon request.
Come on board with us now as we take care of all your fishing needs!
Sailfish – August to October
Spanish Mackerel – April to October
Other Species – All year round
Recommended Rod Ratings: PE3-6
Recommended Reel Sizes: 6000 - 8000 (Spinning)
Recommended Line Rating: 30lbs to 60lbs Braided line
Recommended Leader Line: 50-80lbs
Recommended Lures: Heavy Sinking Minnows (40-60g), Poppers (100 – 160mm), Stick baits (100 – 160mm)
Recommended Baiting Hooks: Circle Hooks (5/0 – 7/0)
Recommended Rod Ratings:PE2-4
Recommended Reel Sizes: 4000-6000 (Spinning)
Recommended Line Rating: 20lbs to 50lbs Braided line
Recommended Leader Line: 50-60lbs
Recommended Lures: Heavy Sinking Minnows (40-60g)
Recommended Rod Ratings:PE1-3
Recommended Reel Sizes: 2500 - 4000 (Spinning)
Recommended Line Rating: 15lbs to 30lbs Braided lines with 300m of line capacity
Recommended Leader Line: 30 - 50lbs
Recommended Jigs: 20g to 60g
Recommended Rod Ratings: PE1 – 2.5
Recommended Reel Sizes: 1000 – 2000 sized overhead reel
Recommended Line Rating: PE1 - 2 braided line with 300m of line capacity
Recommended Leader Line: 30 to 50lbs
Recommended Jigs: 150g to 300g
· 40ft boat for fishing (6 Pax Max)
· Accommodation/ Homestay (Twin Room sharing basis)
· 2-Way Transportation from Singapore or Senai, Kuala Lumpur Airport
· Lunch meal onboard
· Mineral water
· Fishing Equipment available on rental basis
*Additional 200SGD charge applies for fishing and accommodation @ Tioman Island
*Tackle Rental is available @ 60SGD/day for 1 set of Rod, Reel and Line only
Flight/Trip Transfer Details
Guests will arrive at Changi International Airport or Kuala Lumpur Airport at their own cost one night before the fishing date and travel back to the airport on the following day after fishing.
Two-way transport from Changi International Airport to Kuala Rompin is inclusive in the packages.
Should guest who wish to opt for additional pick up location, an advance notification will be required (additional cost applies). Only 1 pick-up/drop off timing will be scheduled per group. Should guest arrive at different timing, transport will only be arranged based on the latest arrival time of the guests.
Accommodation is a newly furbish homestay located just 10 mins drive away from the jetty. Convenience store to purchase your necessity are readily available 5 mins away. Local hotel is also available should you wish us to arrange for you and additional costs difference will be borne by guests.
Food & Drinks
All Western, Chinese and Malay food are readily available including beer (Whiskey and Red Wine only available upon request at own costs).
Other Terms & Conditions:
· A 50% deposit fee is required to secure your booking. Dates/ trip will be booked and blocked once deposit is received.
· The remaining balance of 50% payment and any other miscellaneous cost must be paid 30 days prior to departure date.
· It is compulsory for all guests to purchase their own travel insurance during the entire fishing period with DMC Fishing.
· DMC Fishing can assist guests with the purchase of travel insurance upon request. Cost will be billed together with their final payment.
· It is DMC Fishing company policy requirement that guests who make their own travel insurance coverage must submit a proof of coverage to DMC Fishing at least 1 week prior to departure date, with the policy covering the entire period. Otherwise, DMC Fishing reserves the right to invalidate the entire booking and any prior payments will be forfeited without replacement.
· All guests will be required to complete and agree to the DMC Fishing standard terms & conditions at the time of booking.
· All guests are responsible for their own personal valuables and belongings throughout the trip. DMC Fishing will not be responsible for any loss or damages as a result.
· There will be strictly no refund for any deposits/payment in any case of a cancellation or no-show.
· DMC Fishing reserves the right to change any of the terms and condition above without prior notice.