Pulau Sibu, is known as a secret getaway paradise in Malaysia. Just off the Malaysian coast, the island lingers in the South China Sea and is surrounded by coral reef-filled Marine Park which makes it an ideal area for all lure casting and jigging enthusiast. The main targeted species for lure casting enthusiast are Giant Trevally and Spanish Mackerel known for their speed and hardest strike even at the side of the boat. Other species such as Groupers, Coral Trout and Snappers are also available in Pulau Sibu and are commonly targeted by jigging enthusiast.
Your fishing adventures in Pulau Sibu will be headed by Captain Ray, an experienced skipper who has decided to turn his fishing passion into his job. You will be fishing onboard a customize 28-footer boat, equipped with GPS, fish finder and a 150-horsepower engine designed for jigging and lure casting. Licensed for 8 Pax, this customized boat takes 6 anglers comfortably anytime.
Besides fishing, Pulau Sibu offers other water activities such as kayaking, diving, snorkeling, jet skiing and many more. It is the perfect location for families looking for a fishing and leisure, 2 in 1-holiday trip.
Come onboard now as we take care of your fishing needs!
Spanish Mackerel – June – October
Giant Trevally – All year round
Other Species – All year round
Recommended Rod Ratings: PE 1- 3
Recommended Reel Sizes: 4000 – 6000
Recommended Line Rating: 30lbs to 60lbs Braided line
Recommended Leader Line: 40-60lbs
Recommended Lures: Heavy Sinking Minnows (40-60g), Poppers (100 – 160mm), Stick baits (100 – 160mm)
Recommended Rod Ratings:PE1-3
Recommended Reel Sizes: 2500 - 4000 (Spinning)
Recommended Line Rating: 15lbs to 30lbs Braided lines with 300m of line capacity
Recommended Leader Line: 30 - 50lbs
Recommended Jigs: 20g to 60g
· 28ft boat for fishing (6 Pax Max)
· Accommodation/ Homestay (Twin Room sharing basis)
· 2-Way Transportation
· Lunch meal
· Mineral water and isotonic drinks
· Fishing Equipment available on rental basis
Flight/Trip Transfer Details
Guests will arrive at Changi International Airport at their own cost one night before the fishing date and travel back to the airport on the following day after fishing.
Two-way transport from Changi International Airport to Sibu is inclusive in the packages.
Should guest who wish to opt for additional pick up location, advance notification will be required (additional cost applies). Only 1 pick-up/drop off timing will be scheduled per group. Should guest arrive at different timing, transport will only be arranged based on the latest arrival time of the guests.
Accommodation is on Coconut Island just 5 mins walk away from the jetty. As there is no convenience store on the island, all guests are advised to purchase their necessity beforehand.
Food & Drinks
All Western, Chinese and Malay food are readily available including beer (Whiskey and Red Wine only available upon request)
Other Terms & Conditions:
· A 50% deposit fee is required to secure your booking. Dates/ trip will be booked and blocked once deposit is received.
· The remaining balance of 50% payment and any other miscellaneous cost must be paid 30 days prior to departure date.
· It is compulsory for all guests to purchase their own travel insurance during the entire fishing period with DMC Fishing.
· DMC Fishing can assist guests with the purchase of travel insurance upon request. Cost will be billed together with their final payment.
· It is DMC Fishing company policy requirement that guests who make their own travel insurance coverage must submit a proof of coverage to DMC Fishing at least 1 week prior to departure date, with the policy covering the entire period. Otherwise, DMC Fishing reserves the right to invalidate the entire booking and any prior payments will be forfeited without replacement.
· All guests will be required to complete and agree to the DMC Fishing standard terms & conditions at the time of booking.
· All guests are responsible for their own personal valuables and belongings throughout the trip. DMC Fishing will not be responsible for any loss or damages as a result.
· There will be strictly no refund for any deposits/payment in any case of a cancellation or no-show.
· DMC Fishing reserves the right to change any of the terms and condition above without prior notice.